Mission Woodworks Barn Door products are designed to create lasting value and beauty for your home, and this warranty is effective for all prefinished wood doors, unfinished assembled or unassembled wood doors sold by Mission Woodworks on or after December 1, 2018 for use in the United States.
We warrant that, subject to the conditions and exclusions stated below, each prefinished or unfinished rolling barn wood door will be free from defects in material and workmanship which would render the product unfit for normal and recommended use and service when installed in the continental USA. Mission Woodworks warrants this product only to the first purchaser of the product for purposes other than resale, or to the original purchaser of the residence into which such door is installed. This warranty covers defects which become evident during the period outlined below, provided that the owner gives written or electronic notice of the defects to Mission Woodworks, 117 Woodland Road, Georgetown Tx, 78628, within the applicable time period. This warranty constitutes the sole and exclusive warranty offered by Mission Woodworks: it is not transferable; and no dealer, distributor, or representative of Mission Woodworks has the authority to modify or expand this warranty.
Mission Woodworks offers a limited warranty for one (1) year for all factory-finished wood doors from the date of first purchase from Mission Woodworks of the product; this warranty assuring that each product, for this period, is of good material and workmanship and free from defects that would render the product unserviceable or unfit for the ordinary, recommended use. The following shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship, and are not covered by this warranty:
- Warp of up to ½” in any plane of the door for doors taller than 6’8” and up to 8′ tall and up to 42” wide for standard factory finished doors. Doors wider and/or taller are not warranted against warp
- Warp up to 3/4″ in any plane of shou sugi ban (burned wood) doors for doors taller than 6’8″ and up to 8′ and up to 42″ wide.
- Unfinished/Raw Wood doors are not warrantied against warp.
- Surface checks in the doors that are less than ⅛” in width or less than 2” in length are not warranted.
- Normal wear of the door, natural variation in wood color or texture, and the physical appearance of the door, including the appearance of the finish or fading of the stain color are not covered. Appearance or performance of a wood knot is not covered by this warranty.
- Glass breakage or glass damage for any reason. The physical appearance of a glass panel is not covered by this warranty.
- Rusting or metal deterioration or appearance of an iron grille or door assembly fasteners or decorative straps or clavos.
- Damage caused beyond the control of Mission Woodworks, including but not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, or mishandling, or by fire, flood, earthquake, hurricane, storm, tornado, or other acts of nature.
- Damage resulting from reducing the height or width of the door by removing any material from the top, sides, and/or bottom edges of the door.
- Panel movement or shrinkage. Damage caused by field finishing or painting of the door.
- Damage caused by improper installation of the door or door hardware.
Claims Procedure and Limit on Remedies:
All warranty claims must be presented as outlined above, within the warranty period. We will not honor warranty claims made prior to payment in full for the warranted product. Upon validation by Mission Woodworks of any warranty claim, we will (at our option):
- Provide a replacement or replacement part(s) at no cost to the customer, and return it to the customer.
- Refund the purchase price paid for the product by the original purchaser of the product from Mission Woodworks.
- Provide a replacement at a cost of 25% of the current list price of the product, and return it to the customer.
- We reserve the right to inspect any product that is alleged to be defective. Mission Woodworks may require that the purchaser return the product to Mission Woodworks in Georgetown for inspection. Or we may choose to send a company or field representative to inspect the product in the field, in which case we must be given at least a thirty-day opportunity to do so. All freight costs to and from Mission Woodworks for a warranty claim are the responsibility of the purchaser.
THIS CONSTITUTES THE PURCHASER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER ANY CLAIM OR THEORY OF LIABILITY. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY, ARE EXCLUDED. MISSION WOODWORKS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LABOR COST OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH AN ALLEGED BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF MISSION WOODWORKS. IN NO EVENT SHALL MISSION WOODWORKS PAY FOR THE COST OF LABOR, INSTALLATION, REMOVAL, DISPOSAL, OR FINISHING OF A REPLACEMENT OR ORIGINAL DOOR OR GLASS PANEL OR FOR ANY OTHER COST RELATING THE REPLACEMENT OF A DOOR OR GLASS PANEL, ALL OF WHICH SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON MAKING THE WARRANTY CLAIM.